Friday, July 25, 2014

not-existing-in-your-world (RhianneXClyde)

April 1, 2009
Dear Clyde,
Hi, before I say something stupid, I want to introduce myself first. My name is Rhianne Mae Blanco. I’m your unnoticeable not-existing-in-your-world classmate. I am a self-proclaimed nerd and I am the girl who sits at the back of the class which none of you pays attention to. I actually wrote a letter to you to confess to you that I have deeply madly fallen in love with you. There! I’ve said it already. I have been in love with you from the moment you picked up my books for me when I stupidly fell on the staircase. No, I think I already felt something in my heart from the moment you smiled at me during our first day at school. We never really had a normal conversation. Not like asking what time it is or if your answer in our assignment was a real conversation. I might sound weird but you know, seeing your smile each day is enough for me to realize it is worth going to school even though I have no friends at school. I know you might freak out with my confession but I just wanted to let you know what I really feel. I am not hoping for anything in return. I just want to say thank you for being nice to me. I guess this is also my chance to say goodbye. Me and my family are moving to Pangasinan next month. Although I know my absence wouldn’t mean anything to anybody. I love you, Clyde. Goodbye.

Rhianne


When I was in high school, I had this hobby or writing fake/fictional love letters. I created letter exchanges between a girl who presumes she is the "not-existing-in-his-world classmate" and her secret love. They were the characters of the first love story I've ever finished. Here is the first letter she sent to him.

Next time, we're gonna read his reply.

Your friendly neighborhood elyen,
Melody Elrise

No comments:

Post a Comment