Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Walk a Mile

It's great to be known for your shoes, but it's better to be known for your sole. -Kenneth Cole


I am the kind of person who wears clothes and shoes for comfort. I’m not into style and I would rather choose to look like a geek or whatsoever rather than to be “in” with fashion. This pair of muddy, out-of-style, worn out shoes is what I wear everyday going to school. They may not be pleasing to the eye and I know the fashion police may arrest me for wearing them but then, should I care?
                These shoes were witnesses to many experiences I've been through. I use them when I was still working a McDonald’s as a service crew. Yes, I am proud to say that I became a working student to pay for my school fees. Those shoes were my companion. They kept my feet safe and comfy. And besides they are made of rubber so I don’t worry if they get wet. (`▽´)

I don’t care if they look bad. I don’t care if people don’t like them. It’s mine. Not theirs.

               But then, I still get affected when people criticize me by the shoes I wear. I’m just human. And of course, I get hurt.

                Well, earlier this day, I craved for milk tea so I decided to go to my favorite Korean resto that serves milk tea. While waiting for my order, a group of high school girls arrived (from what school I will not mention). They started whispering about the shoes I was wearing. They secretly took a photo of me and my shoes. Which I think they find funny. I was hurt. Do people really need to do that to others?
                But a person ever so dear to me told me that I should just ignore them, thinking about what they said about me or what they think about me won’t take me where I want to go. And he was right. What I should think about is how to be better than who I am now. Think about my future and how to reach my dreams.


So yeah, Merochan will be happy and stay happy. Nuff said.  (‿‿)


Your friendly neighborhood elyen,
Melody Elrise

No comments:

Post a Comment