Monday, September 29, 2014

When I thought I was down in the dumps...

Lately, I've been having a hard time at school since we started our in-campus training. Stress is taking its toll on me. It's so hard for me to write again because of so many school works I need to finish.

Being a teacher isn't an easy job, believe me. You have to make a lesson plan, think of an activity to make your students motivated to learn, you have to make colorful and creative instructional materials to get their attention, then you have to master the subject. And I'm beginning to think this is not the road for me to take. But then, I realized... maybe I'm just tired or something.. I just need to work my butt off to be able to finish all of this so that I could relax.

Because of so much stress, I started to lose my confidence in writing. I doubted myself if I could ever write another story to be published. But you know who inspires me to write more stories?

The people who keep telling me they liked my story. Those people whom I am not even close to but appreciate my work.



Last week, I met a girl at a toy store where I always hangout. Dexty was sellling my books there (he actually bought many copies to sell. LOL.)  And she bought a copy. She was so thrilled when she found out I was the writer of the book and asked for my signature. She was so thankful, but so am I. She was the third person who asked for an autograph (First was Dex and Tony was second).
When she finished reading my novel, she told me how much she liked it and was asking for a part 2 (I'm thinking about it). She seems to like Zeus (the male protagonist) so much. 
I'll keep writing for those who believe in the power of my pen~! Teehee. Honestly though, they make my heart warm and fluffy <3



By the way, have you met my handsome mustache? XD


Your friendly neighborhood elyen,
Melody Elrise

No comments:

Post a Comment